Guerrilla Tacos – locations vary, visit the website for daily schedule www.guerrillatacos.com
CHILI CHEESE DOG TACOS
- 1lb of chorizo sausage
- 12oz cheddar cheese
- corn tortillas
- 1 qt vegetable oil
- 1 bunch of scallions (green onions)
- 1 can kidney beans
- Pour the quart of oil in a pan and turn on high heat. You need a pan that gives you about 2 to 3″ of oil for frying the tacos in.
- In another pan, fry the chorizo. If your chorizo comes hard like a sausage, cut medallions and fry on both sides. If it’s more the consistency of ground beef, crumble and cook. Either way is fine for this recipe.
- Pour the beans into a small pot and heat on low. We just want to warm them up.
- Slice the onions and shred the cheese if it’s not pre-shredded
- Once the oil is hot, and the chorizo is done, it’s time to build and fry the tacos! Grab a corn tortilla, smash a spoonful of kidney beans in the center, then add some cheese, then spoon on some chorizo. Fold the taco closed, and grab it with metal tongs. Carefully lower the taco into the oil (keep your hands far away) with the tongs. You want to lower it in bottom down, and then tilt it 45 degrees in one direction for about 10 seconds, then lean it over 45 degrees in the other direction for another 10 seconds. Lift the taco out of the oil and drain, then put it on a plate with a paper towel and allow it to cool. Repeat for the rest of the tacos.
- Add onions to the top (and salsa or guacamole) and enjoy!